Headshots Pre-shoot Tips
A few general tips are below. 📝
- Start with block colours and or some basic’s ie black, white and grey options in varied necklines.
- Colour options that match your eyes i.e. blue eyes blue tops, green eyes greens or browns.
- A few different jackets for layering ie a suit jacket or blazer.
- Clothing that is fitted generally shoots better.
- Make sure clothing is clean and in good condition (not stuffed in a bag). Ideally clothes will be on hangers and pressed or steamed and ready to shoot.
- If you’re shooting in our studio we have a steamer for any last minute adjustments.
- Bringing some different textures to work with will vary the looks and make things more interesting.
- Bringing a few options for each look you want to capture is a good plan, this way we can change things up as necessary.
- AVOID: CLOTHING WITH BUSY PATTERNS, BIG LOGO’S, LOOSE/ STRETCHED NECKLINES, STAINS AND OR RIPS.
Ties & Jackets
- It can be a good idea to bring a tie and/or jacket/blazer along, even if you’re not sure, to be able to capture a more both a more professional look with, and a more relaxed look without.
Booked in with our Makeup Artist? Please read the below. 💄💋
- Arrive with a clean face i.e. no makeup.
- Moisturising your face is a great idea just make sure it is not tinted or oily/shiny.
- Have your hair somewhere near where you like to wear it and the makeup artist will do a final set and also make some changes as we shoot (depending on how long you have opted to booked for).
Doing your own makeup or getting it done elsewhere?
- You can either get ready offsite and arrive ready to shoot (with a touchup kit) or if you want to use the makeup area at the studio it is $75 per hour.
- Aim for a subtle/natural look and avoid excessive contouring, eye wings, bronzer and or anything to shiny.